The recycling specialist researches and monitors the implementation of recycling policies and laws in organizations to ensure that waste management is carried out in accordance with regulations and in a correct and cost-effective manner. They conduct inspections, provide recycling equipment, and supervise recycling workers. They also advise organizations on ways they can improve their waste management practices.
A recycling specialist (m/f) is responsible for reusing waste products as a secondary raw material. However, with its work, it helps a lot to improve resource efficiency and thus competitive advantage. At the same time, it is vital to achieve sustainability goals and act responsibly towards the environment and future generations. For this, he is knowledgeable about different groups of materials, knows how to distinguish between recyclable materials and hazardous materials, and can collect, clean and prepare raw materials for reuse in the relevant field, as well as in a safe manner. Environmentally recyclable.
A recycling specialist can set career goals through career progression. For example, they can start with a role like machine operator, progress to a title like technician, and eventually be promoted to general manager.
Skills and characteristics of recycling specialist
- Advice on waste management methods
- Establish business relationships
- Conducting environmental audits
- Coordinating the transportation of recycled materials
- Development of recycling programs
- Ensuring compliance with
- environmental laws
- Ensuring compliance with legal waste regulations
- Follow recycling collection programs
- Identify new recycling opportunities
- Check the recycling process
- Maintain recycling records
- Management of recycling program budget
- Monitoring the evolution of the law
- Obtaining relevant permits
- Quality control supervision
- Promoting environmental awareness
- Research Recycling Grant Opportunities
- Educate employees about recycling programs
- Update licenses
Specialized work to be done
- Material evaluation
- Calculation of costs
- Preparing and checking devices
- Examining the implementation process
Recycling specialists specialize in the provision of reusable materials in the company. Collects, sorts and prepares reusable materials. It also ensures their transportation to the companies where the materials are processed. This means that it has a thorough knowledge of individual materials. You know in what form, size, weight and purity the material can be delivered.